Chilli Cheese Toast Recipe
8 white bread slices
1 medium green capsicum, finely chopped
½ cup grated processed cheese
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
½ teaspoon sandwich masala
2 teaspoons butter + as required
Green chutney as required
Tomato ketchup for serving
1. To prepare chilli-cheese stuffing, mix together cheese, capsicum, onion, coriander leaves, salt, green chillies, sandwich masala and 2 teaspoons butter in a bowl.
2. Apply some butter and green chutney on one side of each bread slice.
3. Spread some chilli-cheese stuffing on the chutney side of half of bread slices and cover with remaining bread slices with chutney side downwards.
4. Heat a non-stick gas toaster and grease with some butter. Place the sandwiches one by one, cover and toast from both sides till golden brown and slightly crisp.
5. Cut into 4 equal triangles and serve hot with tomato ketchup.