Rice Chakli is a perfect evening snack that you can enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Prepared with rice flour, gram flour, sesame seeds, butter, and red chilli powder, you can make this crispy snack recipe for festivals like Holi and Diwali.
Ingredients of Rice Chakli
• 400 gm rice flour
• 4 tablespoon red chilli powder
• 1 teaspoon asafoetida
• refined oil as required
• 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
• 4 tablespoon butter
• salt as requiredHow to make Rice Chakli
• Step 1Take a large bowl and add gram flour, asafoetida or hing, butter, rice flour, and salt as per your taste. Mix well all the ingredients together.
• Step 2Now, you need to wash the sesame seeds as sometimes they are covered with dirt and washing them will remove any dust particles. Add these washed sesame seeds to the rice and gram flour mixture.
• Step 3Add water in the flour mixture so that you can knead it to make the chaklis. Knead it well to make the soft dough, this would ensure that that chaklis are crispier and tastier.
• Step 4Next, put a skillet on medium-high flame and add refined oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, add a bit of dough in the chakli maker and press in circular motion to prepare the chaklis
.• Step 5Deep fry these rice chaklis a few at a time on medium flame till they attain a brown colour and turn crispier. Drain the extra oil on an absorbent paper. Serve with a cup of hot tea or coffee.